If purchasing a BCG with a barreled upper, please follow the below general recommendations. Please contact us with any questions before you place your order. Thank You, MAS Defense.
- M16 Profile BCG for all Pistol / SBR uppers and 16" barrels with a carbine gas system.
- AR15Profile BCG for 16" barrels with a mid-length gas system, 18", 20" and 24" barrels.
AR15 BOLT CARRIER GROUP 5.56 & 300 BLACKOUT - DIAMOND LIKE CARBON (DLC)
Diamond-Like-Carbon (DLC) is a carbon based coating. DLC is applied through a PVD + PACVD (plasma-assisted CVD) process. Carbon, in a diamond crystal structure, is one of the hardest know materials. Carbon, in a graphite crystal structure, is very soft and lubricous. DLC coatings combine these two different properties of diamond and graphite to offer a high level of hardness. This level ranges between 1500 - 3200 HV with a coefficient of friction 200-500% lower than conventional PVD coatings. DLC will never flake, chip, peel or crack.
- Material: DLC - Diamond Like Carbon
- Coating Thickness: 2 - 3 Microns
- Max Hardness: 3000 Vickers
- Service Temp: 1,000 °F
- Deposition Temp: 250 - 445 °F
- Deposition Method: ION / PVD UBM / PACVD
- Friction vs. Dry Steel: < 0.1
- Color: Black
Bolt Carrier Group Properties:
- Longer Part Life
- Reduce Friction
- Improve Lubricity
- Abrasion and Wear Resistance
- Faster Speeds and Feeds
- Easy Cleanup
- DLC - Diamond Like Carbon Finish
- Bolt: MPI Tested and Shot Peened 9310 or C158
- Extractor: Precision Machined Hardened Tool Steel
- Gas Rings: Stainless Steel per Mil-Spec
- Carrier: AR15 Profile Carrier 8620
- Gas Key: 4140 Steel
- Gas Key Screws: Grade 8 Properly Staked
- Cam Pin: Precision Machined
- Retaining Pin: Precision bent and cut to length
- Firing Pin: 416 Stainless Steel
- Assembled ready to drop in your AR15