M16 BOLT CARRIER GROUP 5.56 & 300 BLACKOUT BCG - MELONITE NITRIDE
If purchasing a BCG with a barreled upper, please follow the below general recommendations. Please contact us with any questions before you place your order.
- M16 Profile BCG for all Pistol / SBR uppers and 16" barrels with a carbine gas system.
- AR15Profile BCG for 16" barrels with a mid-length gas system, 18", 20" and 24" barrels.
Melonite Nitriding treatment turns a standard chrome moly steel barrel into a very lick, hard and corrosion resistant barrel. Unlike chrome lining, the Melonite process is a treatment done to the surface instead of adding a layer of material. This treatment is done to both the inside and outside of the BCG. The slick surface will never peel, is thicker than chrome lining, will not negatively affect accuracy as chrome lining does and will reduce the amount of friction created. Less friction equals less bore surface wear which will extend the barrel life. Another added benefit is carbon does not easily adhere to this surface making your cleaning job that much easier. This technology has been used by Glock, Springfield and Heckler & Koch for years and is gaining popularity as more companies are offering their products with this treatment.
- Melonite Nitrite Treated
- Bolt: MPI Tested and Shot Peened 9310 or C158
- Extractor: Precision Machined Hardened Tool Steel
- Gas Rings: Stainless Steel per Mil-Spec
- Carrier: M16 Profile Carrier 8620
- Gas Key: 4140 Steel
- Gas Key Screws: Grade 8 Properly Staked
- Cam Pin: Precision Machined
- Retaining Pin: Precision bent and cut to length
- Firing Pin: 416 Stainless Steel
- Assembled ready to drop in your AR15