M16 BOLT CARRIER GROUP 5.56 & 300 BLACKOUT BCG - ION GOLD TITANIUM NITRIDE (TiN)
If purchasing a BCG with a barreled upper, please follow the below general recommendations. Please contact us with any questions before you place your order.
- M16 Profile BCG for all Pistol / SBR uppers and 16" barrels with a carbine gas system.
- AR15Profile BCG for 16" barrels with a mid-length gas system, 18", 20" and 24" barrels.
M16 Bolt Carrier Group 5.56 & 300 Blackout Titanium Nitride Coating:
Bolt Carrier Group Properties:
- Coating thickness 2 - 4 μm
- Service Temp. 500 °C
- Deposition Temp. 450 - 550 °C
- Hardness HV 0.05 - 2800
- Deposition method PVD Arc
- Friction vs. steel, dry < 0.5
- Color: Matte Gold
Titanium Nitride (TiN) coating is wear resistant, inert and reduces friction. The properties of these coatings make them suitable for applications requiring high wear resistance, friction reduction and inherent solid lubrication. Corrosion inhibition is an added benefit of both TiN and NiB. Titanium Nitride coatings are created through a process called vapor deposition. Titanium is changed from a solid to a gas and reacted with nitrogen in a vacuum, which creates very thin film. They are also very resistant to corrosion, and are extremely smooth. Similar to Nickle coatings, Titanium Nitride is very easy to clean, and doesn’t require much lube.
- Titanium Nitride Ion Finish
- Bolt: MPI Tested Heat Treated and Shot Peened Melonite Nitride 9310 or C158
- Extractor: Precision Machined Heat Treated and Shot Peened Billet
- Gas Rings: Stainless Steel per Mil-Spec
- Carrier: M16 Profile Carrier 8620
- Gas Key: 4140 Steel
- Gas Key Screws: Grade 8 Properly Staked
- Cam Pin: Precision Machined - Melonite Nitride Treated
- Retaining Pin: Precision bent and cut to length
- Firing Pin: Stainless Steel
- Assembled ready to drop in your AR15